Friday, January 27, 2012

And I Wish And Wish Again...

I'm in Michigan. Grand Rapids, Michigan. Dutch, CRC mecca.

In honour of that, I've decided to make up a list of things off the top of my head, that I know about the state of Michigan.
  1. There is some sort of touristy Dutch village in the town of Holland, Michigan.
  2. It is pure - the billboards told me that.
  3. The roads are craptastic.
  4. Don't go to Flint.
  5. Don't go to Detroit.
  6. The traffic lights in Grand Rapids are weird.
  7. There is a grocery store called Meijer here.
  8. The Biermas live here. Well, most of them.
  9. During the weekend that the Calvin Worship Symposium fall on, it is impossible to drive from Ontario to Michigan on dry roads.
  10. The 911 lady is nice.
  11. The state patrol gets their man.
  12. There are a lot of Dutch people here.
  13. Amway comes from Michigan.

1 comment:

hannelle* said...

#8 is my favorite.

#10 makes me curious.